Views
Helpful
Replies

windows account for Unity 3.1 installation

itartakovsky
Level 1
Level 1

Our company has world wide structure.

We have W2K AD shceme with Exchange 2000.

We've bought Cisco UNITY 3.1 locally. We've trying to install Unity with Exchange 2000 service account. In configuration wizard when it prompt to select message store and I select exchange 2000 - it sais that specified account does not have full admin rights in exchnge 2000. Due to world wide structure and common AD scheme in company - Full admin rights to AD have only few persons. Taking them into installation process may be very complicated. Do ve have a chance to solve it locally?

thank you

Ilia Tartakovsky

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not entirely sure what you're trying to do here but probably the best place to start is to review the rights Unity is expecting of the directory and messaging facing accounts. In 3.x we tried to cram all those onto one account but with all the SPs and patches MS has been releasing that set explicit denies on, for instance, the send as/receive as rights on the mailstore for various groups that became increasingly difficult. In 4.x we use two accounts for this and I always reccomend folks do that regardless of which version of Unity they're running.

The Permissions Wizard for 4.0 has a couple help files that run through the specific permission we need for each of these accounts (directory vs. messaging access) and you can get that here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_Maven4x.htm

I'd reccomend going through that info first and seeing if that answers your question. If not, we can try and get you more details here.

OK

let me ask following:

step - Active Directory Permission required if the installation and Service account are Not Meneber of Enterprise Admins Group - exactly my case.

Istruction sais: "Do the following proc if you want the installation account to automatically create OUs during setup" Does it means that during installation, Unity creates some OUs? We have an existing OU structure and do not have permissions to modify or create OUs. If during Setup Unity does not create OU, do we need to procced these steps?

thank you

Ilia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: