cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows client to monitor line status

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Does somebody know a way to easilly monitor the line status of 10 lines directly on the PC screen. This is not for an receptionist, just for an assistant that want to monitor some line. Thanks !

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have CCM or CCME ?

CCM 5.04, and I'm using the AD (user database)

I have a few users doing this, just use the attendant console program that comes with Call Manager. Download it from the admin page of your Call Manager (under Applications, select "Install Plug-ins) onto her PC. You can run the Attendant Console program on multiple PCs at once, not just the recetionist's.

Install and configure the client per the Cisco docs, and then do the following:

1. Make a speed dial list of the 10-15 phones she wants to watch.

2. Drag the Speed-Dials sub-window to the the far left, and the Call Control window over to the right of the Speed-dials. Minimize all the other sub-windows except the speed-dial window.

3. In speed-dials, reduce the width of the names column to just fit the longest name. Reduce the number and notes columns to the minimum.

4. Under View, select "Lock Windows"

5. Make sure the "activate console on new call" icon on the bottom row next to the "Call Control Up/Down indicator" is not selected (light grey background) to keep the window from popping to the front of her screen every time she gets a call.

6. Shrink down the entire Console Attendant window to just around the speed-dial sub-window.

7. If she's running dual monitors, drag it to the secondary screen so it doesn't keep getting covered up. If not, it is just a couple alt-tabs away when she wants to see it.

thanks for your reply...Do you have a tricks to use Attendant console without creating a user/pwd for each user that want to use it ?

Hello,

I am looking for the same feature,but I am using CME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: