Views
Helpful
Replies

wrong language in Unity 3.1.5

astrohmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I changed the Unity language from english to german. First the system told me thatr failsave is activated. After changing a registry entry the user conversation runs proberly in german. My problem now ist that the system greeting is still in english. How can I change this?

thanks Achim

7 Replies 7

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Achim

The greeting for a call handler is not localized automatically. Only the system prompts are affected by the language setting. As the greeting is normally customized by the company we do not change the greeting to the language specified.

Ullie

Hi Ullie

The greeting you hear if you call Unity and your phonenumber is not known in Unity has the wrong language (the greeting: Hello, unity messaging system ... ). The customer want this in german like the rest of the system. Where can I change this?

thanks Achim

Hi

That callhandler is called "Opening Greeting". You can go to it and at the Greetings option you can record a new greeting.

To record it you first click on the arrow down button and tell it to call eg your ip phone. Then you hit the red record button and it will call the phone. It will beep when you pickup and then you can record your personal greeting.

Ullie

Hi,

I want to use the standard opening greeting in German. I don´t want to record a new one. I changed the language of the greeting to german but if I call the system, it is still in english. At the moment I installed the german language I do not install english any more, because the customers license is only for one language.

Achim

Hi Achim

That greeting is provided in English so if you want it in German you will have to re-record it with the procedure that I gave you.

Ullie

Hi Achim

Evertying working now?

Ullie

Hi,

I have to wait what the customer tells me, then I will tell you. Thanks for your answer.

Achim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: