cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong line selected when pressing message button!

ecclescf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7960 with a 7914 module. This is set up with a primary line (not shared) and 4 shared lines which are on the module.

When the message button is pressed it does not pickup the primary line but a line on the 7914, and as such the user is trying to access the incorrect mailbox!

I have taken this line off and it selects the next shared line on the module!

When doing this there was no mwi on the primary line but the message icons where on the shared lines.

If I press * after the message button then I can access the correct mailbox.

I understood that when the message button was pressed it dialed Unity via the primary line unless a voicemail profile stated otherwise and there is no such profile in use.

If anyone has any ideas/thoeries or even a solution on this I would be more happy to hear them.

Regards

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

Try this:

Under CCM Service Parameter change the following field to True:

Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message*

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dolah
Level 1
Level 1

I too have users with multiple lines on their phones.

The best work-around I've found is to train the user to select the line they want to first (they can use speaker phone or handset) -- when they hear tone they press the Messages button. This way, no one is confused as to what voicemail they are picking up.

It appears that the Messages button may choose "Last line active" or something to that effect.

Let me know if this works for you.

Debbie

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

Try this:

Under CCM Service Parameter change the following field to True:

Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message*

Top man!!

I thought that by default it selected the primary line to dial Unity.

You learn something new everyday.

Cheers

Chris

what could have caused this problem in the first place? the solution fixed the problem but it never happened before without it set to "Always use primary line for voice message"

Hi All,

Im facing the same kind of issue. Is there is any way to fix this issue without changing the status as TURE on "always use primary line for voice messages" in serivice parameter. Bz We need to access the VM mail of 2nd and 3rd lines my manually pressing the line button. Please advice.

Thanks,

Murali.P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: