Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wrong time-zone on 7960

I have a CME 4.0 setup with 7905, 7960 and 7961 phones, all with SCCP firmware. On the 7961 phones the time displayed on the phone is correct. On the 7905 and 7960 it's wrong by one hour.

I have the following commands in the configuration:

[...]

clock timezone PCTime 1

clock summer-time PCTime date Mar 30 2003 2:00 Oct 26 2003 3:00

[...]

telephony-service

time-zone 23

How can it be that time is different between the 7960/7905 and the 7961? OK, one is Java-based, the other 2 are not... could it be that the older phones don't support automatic summer-time correction or something?

Thanks

-Manuel

3 REPLIES

Re: Wrong time-zone on 7960

Check the configuration file to verify that it has the proper time zone and run a debug to verify the TFTP download. Details on these can be found in the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a0080631683.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

I have already checked this. Actually, what this link says applies only to the new java-based phones (7941, 7961, 7970) but not to the older "legacy" phones (7905, 7940, 7960). I think CME sends the time zone to those older phones directly in an SCCP message, without using the XML configuration files.

Therefore this link unfortunately didn't solve my problem. I'm really starting to think that it's a bug with automatic daylight time somehow. Anyone else?

Thanks

-Manuel

I have now changed the time-zone parameters like this:

clock timezone CET 1

clock summer-time CET recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Sep 3:00

It now works correctly. The old parameters have been set by the CME GUI, which I've given a try just to see what it looks like, but those parameters didn't work correctly with the older phones for some reason.

I'm not sure if was the fact that the timezone was called "PCtime" instead of "CET", or if the summer-time recurring parameter was using static dates instead of "last sunday" etc.

-Manuel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content