Replies

Wrong Voicemail box when CallForward All Used

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Unity 4.0.1

CCM 3.3

A user is on holiday so presses CallForward all to her collegue, however, if she is on the phone and it goes to VM then the message appears in the user on holiday's voicemail box, instead of the person covering her.

I would guess it's got something to do with Unity picking up on the original DNIS as opposed to the number that it forwarded from. But where in CM or Unity do you change this setting?

Thanks,

Stuart Smith

4 Replies 4

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes the behaviour will be:

phone A (if Unity subscriber) CFA to phone B that has CFNA or CFB to unity.

When ringing to phone A you will forward to B and then roll into unity and hear A's greeting, not Bs

The callmanager sends the last redirecting party DN to Unity.

However the Unity TSP is hard coded to ignore that data and use only

the first redirecting DN

kurt

Thanks Kurt,

So are we saying there is no way around this?

This seems a little mad to me - how is it supposed to work when someone's on vacation - surely they should be able to CFA to someone else for them to deal with?

I am aware you could change the Routing functionality in Unity to call the other person, but this is a lot of work and has to be done by the Administrator not the user.

Anyone else got any ideas to add to this?

Hello -

Here are a few ideas I had:

Note: We are running Unity 3.1(5).

1. If this is a unified messaging implementation, temporarily delegate the user on holiday's inbox to her colleague.

2. Instead of CFNA to her colleague's extension, set the CFNA to an extension that is a second line on the colleague's phone. Then set this extension as an Alternate Extension for the colleague in Unity.

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks for your advice ginger, I like and understand point 2, however there is 4000 extensions in the potential system and if i need to configure a separate one for everyone who needs this, my customer will have a fit.

IS there really no other way of getting unity to use the forwarded party?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: