Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-6608 Message on 6509

akerr1527
Level 1
Level 1

What does these messages mean

6509> (enable) 2001 Apr 30 11:52:37 EDT -04:00 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 9/2 got reset asynchronously

2001 Apr 30 11:54:35 EDT -04:00 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 9/2 got reset asynchronously

Port 9/2 is not being used. Also this port has never had any kind of status light (Red, Orange or Green). Port 9/1 is being used for a PRI to the PSTN. Port 9/3 is also being used for a PRI to a PBX. I would also would like to know why the status light is not working on port 9/2.

3 Replies 3

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

What I do in order to remedy this situation is to configure ALL ports for something...configure your T1 ports ......and then all others that you are not using, configure as transcoding or confrencing resources. This will eliminate those pesky messages. You can always go back and re-configure those ports at a later time. As for the status light, sounds like a hardware issue.

I have another question about Catalyst 6608 Voice module . We use one port to connection with Nortel Maridian 1 PBX .(T1 w/ D channel) But PBX always prompt error message.

D-channel loss information or disconnect .

It workable but sometimes will restart itself by PBX.

The vandor told me that it cause of too many error .

can you tell what should i to do ?

Tahnks .

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

I've had this problem on our 6608 blades as well. You can configure any unused ports as a conference bridge or mtp or t1 port. Or just disable the unused port (set port disable 9/2)

Disabling the ports is easier, we found with our 6608 blades that unless we registered the unused ports with a call manager, they wold reset anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: