Helpful
Replies

WS-SVC-CMM and CCM 4.0(2a)sr2b

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 6500 with a CMM blade in it is running 12.3(8)XY5

The CCM is 4.0(2a)sr2b

The PRI interfaces are up and registered just fine and working.

It has a mediacard 4 that is configured totally for conferencing, however I could not get it to register with CCM when I chose the Conference Bridge Type WS-SVC-CMM. However when I registered it as a Enhanced IOS Conference Bridge it does however when I try to conference it drops everyone off.

I remove the MRG that contains the CMM resource from the MRGL and just use software and everyhthing works fine.

Does anyone know if there is a BUG that might be casuing this.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to use WS-SVC-CMM for this type. Can you please do "debug sccp packet" and then, do "no sccp" and "sccp". Then, send the configs, and the debugs to us.

also send us:

show sccp

show mediacard all

show dspfarm all

Thanks!

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

forgot to mention XY5 is deferred. Please use XY6

I will get all of this for you tommorrow because unfortunately I am not onsite.

If you can give me an e-mail address to send it to because this is a government facility I would greatly appreciate it.

I have contract numbers if you wish to also make this a TAC case.

Thanks for your quick response.

Brian

Also, What is the most stable IOS at this point for the CMM blade?

It will require downtime to upgrade which I will have to coordinate with the site.

Thanks again!

I have used XY6 (12.3.8) without any issues (moved from XY4 due to bugs to XY6).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Got it to work by adding in a static ARP entry. However I did keep it in CCM as a Enhanced IOS Conference Bridge and no a WS-SVC-CMM because I still could not get it to even register when I chose that method.

Hopefully customer will upgrade to 4.1(3)x and then I can go back and redo it.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: