Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X6608-E1 redundant dial peer?

jocoates
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there folks

I was just wondering if the following was possible? We will have 2 CallManagers in the central site. In a remote site we will have a Catalyst 6000 with the E1 voice services module (WS-X6608-E1) installed. This module will be used for inbound call centre calls and the agents will be located in the central site (all calls trunked up frame relay link).

Now, if by some chance all our links to that central site fail (3 of them) then the 6608 blade will have no connectivity to the CallManager. I would like to be able re-route the calls to the call centre number back out the PSTN to another number (a Direct indial in the central site) to keep call centre calls live, even though not trunked. I know this will result in a tromboned, high cost call, but this is in a very unlikely situation, and looking for a last resort option.

Is it possible to have a 'secondary dial peer'? Or configure something to handle inbound calls in the case of connectivity to the CallManager being lost?

Thanks

John

1 Reply 1

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

John,

6608 is a Skinny gateway and works only when registered within a CallManager,you configure it on the CallManager. Only ip address and tftp address need to be set on the Cat6k itself. So if the link to the Call Manager lost there is really nothing to do from my point of view.

Marina