Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cnr

WSX6608 E1 blade and Nortel Meridian Connectivity

I am attempting to connect a WSX6608 E1 to a European Nortel Meridian switch. I am looking for a working config for the Meridian as our British Telecom Engineer has come up against a brick wall. We can get layers 1/2 up and running but the D channel log just shows the CCM sending restarts and the Meridian responding with Status. The CCM is set to network and Euro-ISDN but with the clock coming from the Meridian. Any hints would be welcomed. Thanks Chris

3 REPLIES

Re: WSX6608 E1 blade and Nortel Meridian Connectivity

Check the framing. Meridian does not defaul to CRC4.

We had a similar problem some time ago and we only got it working with CRC4. Use LD 73 in Meridian to change.

/ Rolf

as far as the 6608 blade is concerned, make sure you have "inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" checked, and then REBOOT your CCM after you make these Meridian changes. Taking Meridian out of the equation, TAC and I finally figured out this was a bug w/ 3.1(2c) and the WS6608 E1 blade that it keeps sending restarts and dropping the D channel (therefore disconnecting all calls) if you don't reboot the CM.

I'm am doing this in the US with a 6608 and a T1 to a Opt 61c if you're still having problems.

Views
Helpful
Replies