Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

xfer caller after specified period of time in queue

Can someone help me understand how to script so that if a call doesn't get handled by an agent after a certain amount of time, the caller then gets redirected to another extension on the system? Just not sure what step to use? Should I use the getreporting statistic?

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: xfer caller after specified period of time in queue

Hi Josh,

This is the default behavior of IPCC Express, when the caller gets an agent in the queue the agent phone starts ringing, if the agent does not answer within the time specified as the timeout in the Select Step., then the call is pulled back into the queue and assigned to another agent ( assuming ur CFNA on CCM is greater ).

So Basically you can control for what time an Agent phone rings before the call is pulled back into the queue by setting the Timeout value in the SELECT RESOURCE step.

I am not sure if you want to queue the caller to a totally different queue. Let me know if thats what you want.

I want to be able to say that if all agents are in a not ready state or handling a call state, then send the call to another extension (non-agent) on call-manager.

Bronze

In that case, you'll have to use the GET REPORTING STATISTICS step and check for the READY RESOURCES.

Use an IF statement and see if this value is 0, the take the appropriate steps ( i.e. send it to the non-agent extension.

HTH

Aslam.

Thanks Aslam for helping me with this task. I think I am on the right road now but need to understand how to write a boolean expression that says if my reporting statistic is greater than or equal to 1. How do I do that?

Bronze

Josh,

Creat a integer variable, e.g. agnts_ready.

On the step GET REPORTING STASTIC, select the Contact is Triggering Contact, Report Object as Overall ICD, Field: Ready Resources and in the Stastic variable use this variable you created "agnts_ready"

Now the no. of agents ready is assigned to this variable.

Now you can use a IF statement and compare using the statement " agnts_ready >= 1 ".

and use the true and false steps accordingly.

HTH

Aslam.

Views
Helpful
Replies