cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

xfer to vm

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have Unity configured to ring subscribers extension instead of going straight into subscribers mailbox. I want to know the best way to enable a user to forward his extension to voicemail without the call ringing his extension first. I can change the Unity setting to go straight to mailbox, but then I lose the ability to have someone inside of voicemail to call subscribers extension to see if subscriber is at his desk.<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

If I'm reading your question right, you don't need to do anything. If a user sets their extension to forward busy/RNA to Unity, we will over ride the transfer setting on the subcriber for that call. Any call that comes into Unity forwarded (for any reason) from an extension that corresponds to a subscriber will cause Unity to forward that call directly to the greeting of the subscriber that owns that extension.

If you're asking instead how someone can manually over ride the transfer setting (i.e. an operator wanting to get a call directly to a user's greeting without calling their extension first), this can be done via the Unity auto attendant by dialing the extension of the subscriber followed by #2 (i.e. 1189#2 all as one number). The #2 will indicate to Unity to skip any transfer sequence that may be setup on the subscriber or call handler being dialed.

If that's not what you're looking for, let me know and we'll try again...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Well, the #2 is a nice option, except it it really, really unpleasant if you are not the operator and you are trying to transfer to VM... you basically have to transfer, #, ext#2, then transfer.

While this doesn't seem that bad to you or me, it's very often criticized when explaining this behavior to users who have spent years simply hitting a "Transfer to VM" button and hanging up.

Are there any other options that don't create a huge administrative process ???

--Jon

Not applicable

What type of switch integration do they have and where is the "Transfer to Voicemail" button?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I would suggest having the users call forward their phones to voice mail when they will be away from their desks for any length of time. If you alow Unity to transfer to the extension, the phone will ring first, then follow the FNA programmed for that phone (which should be the voice mail pilot number)and end up in that users voice mail box. When call forward is activated Unity will present the call to the PBX which will forward it back to Unity ending up in the apprpriate mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: