Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

XML Error [4]: Parse Error on IP Phone 7941

I just deployed IP Tel using CM 4.2(1) and IP Phone 7941. When I search corporate directory using certain character for First Name, for example M or D, I got 'XML Error [4]: Parse Error' message on my IP Phone. But i worked fine if I search with A or J or MIKE.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Iwan

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: XML Error [4]: Parse Error on IP Phone 7941

There you go:

XML Error [4] Parse Error is returned when selecting the login service.

Problem: The form.jsp downloaded includes HTTP header information.

Solution: On this page, right-click on the form.jsp, then select Save Link As or Save Target As. Select the location to download the form. Ensure that the first line of the form.jsp page reads: <%@ page import="java.net.InetAddress" %>

OR:

Q. Why does my Cisco IP Phone display XML Error [4] during a Corporate Directory search?

A. When you use the Corporate Directory button in order to search, Cisco CallManager does a lookup in the DC directory Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory. Special characters cannot be parsed correctly and return an error to the IP phone. Some of these special characters are ( & " ' < > ). Avoid use of these characters in the naming convention for your users.

Please rate all helpful Posts

Karzazi

Community Member

Re: XML Error [4]: Parse Error on IP Phone 7941

Hi Karzazi,

I found that some of my data using / character. But I still got the error message. Is there limitation for length of character for LDAP directory?

Thanks

iwan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content