cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML Sample Applications

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed in the documentation for 3.0(6) it indicated that versions 3.0(5)a and later had sample IP Phone Services included. However I have been unable to locate these.

I am also interested in writing custom XML for our IP Phones and did not find the document referenced at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/devguide/index.htm

to be sufficient information for doing so.

I would like to see some sample pages for stock quotes and weather information so I can use them as a basis for writing new ones. So far I have been working with the TAC for 3 days trying to get ahold of such information with no success. Also the Cisco Developer Support Group for the XML/IP Phone initiative has not been formed yet. So any help would be appriciated.

8 Replies 8

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The sample applications that are included can be found in the directory C:\CiscoWebs\User\Sample and you can point an IP phone URL Services to http://a.b.c.d/ccmuser/sample/sample.asp where a.b.c.d is your CallManager's IP address.

The PDF file you referenced includes all the XML code that any scripts you write must output.

Unfortunately, Cisco at this time does not provide any sample XML apps other than the ones I mentioned above. In the future, the support group will be a good avenue for support, and there will also be an SDK released sometime this year specifically for these tasks.

That said, the applications you mentioned have been conceived and written by folks both internal and external to Cisco, and do work. With the correct combination of scripting prowess in {Perl|ASP|PHP|Python|anything-you-want} and knowledge of the required XML tags referenced in the PDF file, much can be done with a relative minimum of effort.

Does the ...sample.asp go in the Enterprise Services or under each phones' service? I tried both with the a.b.c.d. being our Call Manager server name...no luck. Error is Services Unavailable.

I tried: http://ccmsrv01/ccmuser/sample/sample.asp

Under the CCM Web Admin you go to Feature>Cisco IP Phone Services>New and enter the above information in the url.

Then you have to login via http://ccmsrv01/ccmuser/

and pick your phone to configure, and then subscribe to the phone services you configured. Then you should see them on the phone that you selected to configure.

HI

I had similar problems and they turned out to be related to DNS not being implemented properly.

Remember the Callmanager is ( according to Cisco's advise ) better not running DNS but the Phones need it for their services. I have setup hostnames in the callmanager for the services hosts and configured the Domainname on the IP phones and got it resolved.

Hope you do too.

Regards

Aad

David,

I was able to get those working which was a big help. I obviously lack the ASP/JavaScript knowledge to configure additional resources, but we do have a web developer on staff that should be able to help out.

One question regarding the CiscoIPPhoneImage TAG. Why do you have to provide a stream of HEX symbols to in the Data TAG to repersent the image? Shouldn't you be able to just do "img=" TAGS? If not, how do I convert standard web graphics to that HEX format?

I appriciate your help if possible...

Leonard,

Currently we use a command-line tool which takes a GIF file as input and produces an XML-marked file with the graphic contained.

I believe there are also Photoshop and Photoshop-compatible plugins which can be used to create the files.

What I don't know is when we will release any or all of these tools. I am hoping they will be released as part of the SDK that is scheduled to be available this year.

avanderzanden
Level 1
Level 1

I have some more if you are insterested, I am willing to share them. If enough interest I can post thenm somewhere ( dont wanna overrun my mailbox with requests :-)

Aad

My name is Nelson Silva, i´m a IP Telephony Developer

and i´m also interested in XML examples for the Cisco IP Phone, i´m also having some problems in

creation of pictures in XML...

Please tell me were i can get those samples:

nelson.silva@datamex.pt

Thank you very much!