Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

XML Service with incomeing deal

Hi,

I want to create an service.

Wehn a dial come in, with a special number, to my phone (7960). I want to start an application directly. The application is in the service menu

available.

Up to now, wehn the dial with the special nummber come in. I hade to press the services button on my phone, and have to select the application.

I want to save this action.

Thanks for all informations

Best regards

Sven

5 REPLIES

Re: XML Service with incomeing deal

You need JTAPI (or TAPI) for that. Take a look at the callerinfo sample from the IP Phone Services SDK, it redirects the phone to a certain service page as soon as you go off-hook.

Thanks stephan, for your answer!

I will try it.

Have anyone the callerinfo sample

in ASP?

Thanks

I'm afraid it isn't as simple as that. There is no TAPI com object doing what that callerinfoserver java class does for the jsp example. You'd have to write your own TAPI application that registers with the callserver and triggers a HTTP post once a call is signalled. TAPI is pure C, which makes it quite hard to program (C isn't exactly a convenient language - powerful but definitely not the easiest to use). On the other hand, using the jsp variety, you already have the working java class (which uses jtapi, basically tapi but for java, so it's object oriented and more convenient to work with), you just have to use it in accordance with the instructions (and if you want to make any changes, you'll have to recompile it from the sources that are part of the SDK).

There's a TAPI application sample in the deveoper resources right here on the cisco site, but I'm not sure it does what you want it to do.

Thank's for the information!

Best regards

Sven

Hello,

I Wanting to do the same thing. have you an solution for it ?

Regards,

Erik

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content