Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

XML Services and CCM 3.3. Idle Phone Configuration

Hi,

I have the folowing problem.

We have a phone service that the phones uses as an "screen saver" declared on the Phone Configuration over the Idle value with a timeout of 60, when we has with CCM 3.2 this service was working fine and was showing to the user a image, since we migrated to CCM 3.3 this service do not send any error but it is not showing me the image, it only shows to the user the correct tag value declared for the image tag.

I tryed decaring it as a phone service over the Cisco IP Phone Services Configurations and its working fine, it do not work properly only if i declare it on the Idle value of the phone configuration.

Another test that i tryed is to declare it on the phone configuration but without an image, just text xml tag, it pass the text fine.

What could be causing this problem. I'll apreciate your help.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: XML Services and CCM 3.3. Idle Phone Configuration

If you are running CallManager 3.3(2), then that might be bug CSCuk39530, which affects release 3.3(2):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a008012821f.html

See the threads below such as "3.3(2) and Idle Image" for more details. The workaround is to add a refresh header to your page. Refreshing the page causes the content to load.

Alternatively, upgrade to 3.3(3), and that should resolve the issue as well. If you are already on 3.3(3), or some other version, perhaps you are affected by some other issue...

Thank you! I'll have this problem until i change to CCM 3.3(2) but i will act as i dont have this problem anymore. Extrange bug dont you think?

Im currently having another obstacle to success the screen saver.

The users are complaining that when the screen saver apears and when the phone is ringing they can only see the calling extension on the bottom of the screen. This users want to see the Label too. Well the real problem is that the service screen is on the screen when the phone is ringing, do you know how to make disapear the xml service screen when the phone is ringing?

I'll apreciate your help again

Thank you

Silver

I'm not aware of any way to make the service close automatically on an incoming call. The user can press the exit softkey to see who's calling. Not perfect, but a possible workaround.

This does make sense from a design perspective, if you're using a service you may not want to be interrupted on an incoming call.

The new 7970 Color IP Phone introduces a new feature where you can toggle between a service and the call screen, which is nice.

Hope that helps!

Hi Aaron and thank you!

I agree with you, it make sence from the design perspective.

Of course all your comments helped me a lot.

See you later.

Regards,

Claudio

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content