Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another migration question

We've presently got a TAPI integration (with CM 3.2) of 2.46 with Exch. 5.5 on box.

We want to go to 3.1.5 in the same environment (with 5.5 off box). Actually, I *want* to go to 4.0, but my bosses won't let me, since I can't demonstrate any other large enterprises that are running 4.0 without incident *sigh*.

Anyway, here's what I need. I don't want to do an in-place upgrade, because we want to use newer hardware. So can I build a 3.1.5 box with a different service account, use config. wizard to point it at the 5.5 enterprise, stand it up alongside the production 2.46 box, and then use bulk export/import to move the users over? Or will it be a problem when the 3.1.5 box tries to create its own all subscribers DL, and its own <%machinename% unity messaging> accounts?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Yet another migration question

What you describe is my prefered method of moving from 2.x to 3.x... there will be no problem with the 3.1(5) box running along side the 2.x box - all the default objects created in the directory are appended with a SystemID (that goofy looking number tacked onto the end of the mail aliases you see) - this prevents multiple Unity servers in the same directory from stomping on one another.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content