cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Your Feedback on CallManager 3.2.2c *PROBLEMS*

a.contento
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to get some collective feedback about CCM 3.2.2c. We recently upgraded from 3.1.3a and are now experiencing several new problems! We are wondering is it is just us or are others not enjoying their experiences with this version????

14 Replies 14

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A very general question indeed!

Since you are really specific with "new problems" I really can't be to specific in the answer. Be aware of the release notes and caveats for 3.2(2c):

http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_2/rel_note/322ccmrn.htm

If you are seeing something that is not listed, please open a case with TAC.

Thanks.

jpstott
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you are on the latest service pack (spC). I've been through most revisions since the 2.x days and I would have to say that things only keep getting better with each release.

What specific problems are you running in to?

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

My first question to a customer is:

Why do you want to upgrade ?

My recommendation after (4) 3.2 installs, is stick with 3.1.

I can't get into details but i seen some weird stuff also which TAC

is still trying to resolve..

richard.oliver
Level 1
Level 1

We recently went from 3.1(3a) to 3.2(2c) and then spC. Now our CCRA 2.2(3b) is no longer functioning. There is a new CCRA 2.2(4) which released just yesterday (20th Aug 2002) perhaps this is our answer.

Anyone know a safe method to rollback to 3.1(3a) ? We have backups before the upgrade using the CIPT applications backup utility.

Regards,

Richard.

richard.oliver
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed my issue with CCRA, the CallManager JTAPI doesnt get updated on the CM during either the 3.2(2c) upgrade, the CM spC, upgrade or a fresh install of the CCRA. The version in use was 1.3(1.14) but needed to be 1.3(1.15), this is how I resoved the issue:-

Step 1 Log in to the CallManager Administration Page.

Step 2 Click on Applications.

Step 3 Click on Plug-ins.

Step 4 Click on Cisco JTAPI.

Step 5 Download Cisco JTAPI to the CallManager server.

Step 6 Install the Cisco JTAPI client.

Reboot the server - and away we go!!!

Regards,

Richard.

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

i have set up call manager in a lab enviroment (before upgrading our live system) and a problem we have (though very minor) is that when you try to change the phone ringer type, after trying once you then get "ringer Busy" when trying to select ringer type from the menu, anybodyelse having this problem or does anyone know why this could be happening?

thanks in advance for your help

dave

Yes, we get "Ringer Is Busy!" too. No idea why at this stage...

Nigel

service pack "C" for 3.2.2c is supposed to fix this - we had to turn ringer caching back on (true) and so far so good. If not, you can role back to FW 3.2.1 or 3.2(2.2) on the phones - I know this works.

Where is the ringer caching option located?

We're running SpG and just started running into this a short time back. We simply upgraded our phones firmware to P00303020300, and it got rid of this issue.

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

What specific issues are you running into?

We've been running CCM 3.2 in a limited production environment for over 4 months now, approximately 200 phones.

We've had no major issues to report. A couple of minor issues with known bugs that are mentioned in the release notes.

We're getting ready to upgrade our production system from 3.1(3a) to 3.2(2c) in the next couple of weeks. ANother 500 phones

The only major problem we've seen is a feature that Cisco removed from 3.2 that was in 3.1(3a). The Voice mail box field has been removed from the line configuration when configuring a phone. This is a minor issue, we've found a work around, but it was nice to be able to use that field to redirect a call to voicemail to a different voicemail box number than the line was configured for.

We're running ICD without issue under 3.2 as well. You have to have the correct version of CRA for CCM 3.2 and you have to upgrade the JTAPI.

I really can't complain about CCM 3.2. I do wish it was at least on par with ITS 2.0; intercom, handset paging, etc.

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

The Voicemail Profile stuff added in 3.2 is why they took out the Voicemail box field.

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hello there

i was unable to upgrade from 3.2.1 spB to 3.2.2c.

in

the middle of the installation , the installshield ("ikernel.exe) crashes , then the rest of the installation gets skipped. message : "CallManager failed to install".

in fact, the only service, that has not been installed is the callmanger itself.

doing this by hand failes, so does the uninstall / rollback. complete restore of backed-up system was neccessary, which involved some other problems, due to our ADS / TAPI - integration..... :((

i tested the upgrade on our lab before, and it worked there, what can it be ?

gerhard

I have similar ikernal crashes. I have noticed that it only happens if I have previously run an install from either a CD or exe program and then not re-booted. Say I double click on the wrong package and the install begins. I then click cancel and my next install attempt of any program fails with the ikernal crash. If I reboot and start clean I have no problems but this means that I have to reboot after every install of every product or module so that I can be sure of the ikernal integrity.

I hope this helps (it's certainly not a great workaround)

joshua

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: