Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Your ID

We're using DID numbers (Unity 3.1 w/ CM 3.1)and I would love to turn off the requirment to "enter your ID" when dialing into Unity. Makes no sense, since you're dialing your own number. Many Thanks!<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Your ID

Just wanted some clarification. So phone users call their own number to reach voice mail: is this when they are in the office or out of the office? Both? If they are in the office, it might be better to call the DN of the Unity port that starts the hunt group for all voice mail ports. If this was done, they'd be prompted for their password not their ID.

What's the exact Unity prompt that they hear?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

It's only when dialing their DID number when out-of the office. "Please enter your ID followed by pound" Then they're asked for their password. Thxs

Cisco Employee

So they have dedicated DIDs for logging into their voicemail? That seems extravagant. Are these DIDs used for anything else or are they routed directly to Unity?

I assume then that they have a second DID for outside callers to use? i.e. when someone else tries to call in, that call should be forwarded to the subscriber's personal greeting rather than the sign-in conversation.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content