Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Zero Out for Subscribers

I need to allow subscribers to change there zero out option in the VM system. Now the AA does not give them that ability, and the only other way I have found to do this is to create a seperate COS for each subscriber granting them the appropriate permissions. So 200 subscribers equals 200 different COS's. Is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Zero Out for Subscribers

This is kind of an odd thing to have to give to end users you don’t want to be admins… the user input mappings require they be able to link to call handlers (i.e .and edit/create call handlers) to do anything of use here (i.e. transfer to another number such as a cell or home phone). I’d be curious to hear what it is these folks are doing with their 0 key map so I can better understand the issue.

That said, you don’t need to create 200 COSs for this… you can create a single COS (i.e. “SA access folks”) and set it up such that they can edit subscribers and nothing else… everyone is added to this COS and you’re done…. No possible reason for 200 COSes since there aren’t that many permutations of COS options for admin access. At most you’d need a couple based on features and SA access combinations.

This, of course, gives them access to all subscribers – not just their own account. Not ideal. The reason the one key options were not included in the AA was precisely the access required – doing one key links requires you be allowed to view all the destination points a key can be mapped to (i.e. other subscribers, directory handlers, call handlers, etc…) which was not considered an appropriate level of access for a non administrator. We kicked around the idea of “personal call handlers” that would allow users to create their own local-only call handlers not visible to other folks such that they could map keys to them on their own but this never got off the ground since it was a significant amount of work and support cost for a pretty small percentage of folks that would use it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content