Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

zero out to operator.....If not there.....back to originating mailbox

CCM 3.2 2c

Unity 3.15

I am sure you can do this. Just don't remember how.

If a call comes in to a subscribers mailbox and they select zero to be sent to an operator..... Is there a way to have that call not go into the operators mailbox but brought back to the originator subscriber mail box.

I thought you could do this with supervised transfers, but I can't get it to work in the lab.

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: zero out to operator.....If not there.....back to originatin

Yeah, if you do the attempt transfer and specify the Operator Call handler, when the sup-transfer is done, you'll be using the Operator Call handler's greeting stuff.

I think you might have to do something goofy like for each subscriber that has the 0-out option, make the 0 go to a call handler that supervise transfers to the operator's extension. In that call handler, make it go back to the original subscriber's box to take a message by making blank greetings for the call handler and having the action after greeting to be "send to greeting" for the subscriber that had the 0-out option.

There might be an easier way to do that, but I think that'll at least work. The only problem is that you'd have to have a separate CH for each subscriber that's going to have the 0-out option.

This only allows for a message to be taken with out a greeting. I would like the caller to be pulled back to the originating greeting. so they can leave a message with that subscriber instead of the subscriber or call handler that you zero out to.

Right now if I perform the steps that you indicate. The call will zero out to the operator call handler however after the attempt transfer you receive the "beep" to take the message ( without any prompt). I would like the call to come back to the originating subscriber to leave the voice message.

thanks.

Cisco Employee

Actually, you can just define that call handler's active greeting to be the alternate, set it to blank and have an after greeting action to go back to the greeting for the subscriber in question - this is why Steve was mentioning you'd need to create a call handler for each subscriber to be able to pull this off (i.e. so the handler can reroute the call back to the subscriber's greeting if the transfer failed).

Yes.

I did do this thinking that the call would go back to the subscriber greeting. When I zero out I get the following:

1. Please wait while a transfer your call

2. MOH

3. "Beep" for recording.

It does not redirect me back to the subscriber greeting. I have supervised transfer enabled on the call handler.

is the supervised transfer not working????????

Cisco Employee

No, the supervised transfer is working. If you get a beep without a recording, it's still not set up correctly; it's still recording in the call handler.

In that call handler that does the transfer, make sure that on the "greetings" page under "after greeting" (and the greeting is blank), it's set to "send caller to" the subscriber you want, with "send to greeting".

I just got this to work on my test system.

Ok I will try this. I'm sure it's a mis config on my part. More Importantly.......

The customer that we are implementing has aroun 4000 users. Their current voice messaging system has the ability to accomplish what I am doing on a per subscriber basis.

Is there any way I can do something for the enterprise so that i don't have to create 4000 additional Call Handler accounts. They are really big on this feature and want me to sprinkle Pixy Dust over the Unity server to make it happen.

You guys have any Pixy Dust??????

Cisco Employee

Check out Bulk Call Handler Create...

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_bulk_handler_create.htm

Jeff rocks : )

Cisco Employee

yeah, but you'll still have to hook those handlers up... no free rides I'm afraid. If it were me and someone had a pixi-dust gun to my head, I'd break out the Audio Text Manager and start cranking them out:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager.htm

You can create the link to the 0 key and the call handler all in one shot... it remembers the last handler template you used so you can whip through this a heck of a lot faster than the SA... but for 4000 users it's still a weekend pizza party or something...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content