cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X with Nexus 7710 vpc

Mohsin Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Working on a migration project , where on the top there are 2 ASA 5585-X and then 2 Nexus 7710, there are many 5 to 7 vrf will be on Nexus devices and vrf communication will be going to be via ASA devices and there are many routes in each vrf , my question is if we configure vPC on Nexus devices then we can't configure any routing protocol b/w ASA and Nexus cuz of the vPC limitation (don't support routing protocol) only option left is to configure static routes on ASA if we configure vPC on nexus , please give the best solution/practice in this scenario.

Thanks & regards.

3 Replies 3

Mohsin Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

ASA-1                                     ASA-2

|                 \                 /                |

Nexus-1                                 Nexus-2

Jay Ocampo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I recently built the same scenario and used static routes per vrf pointing to port-channel subinterfaces in ASA where the policies for each VRF will be configured. I think this scenario is ok.

HTH

Jay Ocampo

Thanks you jayocamp , I think this is the only and best way to configure this scenario. 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohsin Hussain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: