cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSU with 5624Q and FEX 2232PP and 2348UPQ.

Xavillon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question concerning the upgrade of a couple of 5624Q without ISSU from 7.3(0)N1(1) to 7.3(2)N1(1).

When I did the show issu impact,  I saw that there is BA activated ( because of spanning-tree type network), and 1 non edge port.

I have decided to not modified the topology (by changing the port to spanning-tree type normal) and to do a disruptive upgrade.

My topology is "Single-homed FEX Connected to stub switches"

Do you know how long it will be disruptive?

Thank you.

MC

3 Replies 3

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

Are those ports attached to a VPC or are they orphan ports?

Also make sure that the configuration on both sides of the VPC are identical. I've run into this in the past where one configuration had network and the other side had port-edge trunk and the link was still passing traffic but only ever on the port-edge trunk side.

What does it show when you run the command "show vpc consistency-parameters global"

Also to answer your question it should be down the time it takes to successfully upgrade the switches with the new image and add another 1 or so minutes for the interface to come back up.

Thank you for your return.
I will do the show vpc consistency-parameters global.

I have another question:
I plan to upgrade first the primary and then the secondary, but what will be the behavior of different vpc when the primary go up after the upgrade?
The port on secondary will be blocked?

Thank you.

Best regards,

MC

I would upgrade the secondary first then the primary.

This should be a non disruptive upgrade while the data plane keeps forwarding and the control plane stops during the upgrade.

I did find this snippet on your switch though "Cisco Nexus 5624Q and 5648Q switches have an older BIOS version, then ISSU to Cisco NX-OS release 7.3(2)N1(1) may be disruptive for some releases. To avoid the disruptive upgrade, upgrade the BIOS version manually before you upgrade the release version. For assistance, please contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)."

Also see this link for details.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5600/sw/upgrade/732_N1_1/n5600_upgrade_downgrade_732_n1_1.html#pgfId-687951

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: