Views
Helpful
Replies

LISP Cisco suppported software and hardware

crtide
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am looking for a ;ist of supported hardware for LISP configuration. The only one I know is N7K, can anyone tell or direct me to where I can find information about other supported platform 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bashir,

As per the discussions LISP support on L3 switches, the following platforms are listed in Table 1 of the  Cisco Locator/ID Separation Protocol data sheet.

• Cisco ASR 1000
  • Cisco ISR G1 and G2
  • Cisco 7200
  • Cisco Nexus 7000 with N7K-M132XP-12 I/O module.

The data sheet has not been updated to include them, but additionally there is now support for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 offers support as from 15.1(1)SY1. See the Cisco IOS Software Release 15.1(1)SY1 for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches for details.

Furthermore the new Cisco Nexus 7000 series 40Gbps and 100Gbps F3 I/O modules also support LISP in hardware (see the F3 I/O module data sheets).

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gsharma4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bashir,

As per the discussions LISP support on L3 switches, the following platforms are listed in Table 1 of the  Cisco Locator/ID Separation Protocol data sheet.

• Cisco ASR 1000
  • Cisco ISR G1 and G2
  • Cisco 7200
  • Cisco Nexus 7000 with N7K-M132XP-12 I/O module.

The data sheet has not been updated to include them, but additionally there is now support for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 offers support as from 15.1(1)SY1. See the Cisco IOS Software Release 15.1(1)SY1 for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches for details.

Furthermore the new Cisco Nexus 7000 series 40Gbps and 100Gbps F3 I/O modules also support LISP in hardware (see the F3 I/O module data sheets).

Regards

Thank you guys.

You're welcome. Please mark the question as answered as this helps others later.

Regards