cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N2K port channel capacity

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

I have a server connected to two Fexs and Fexs are connected to 5Ks in VPCs. I need to configure port channel from Fex to server and teaming will be enable on server side. How many ports can be configured on Fex side in port channel with server. Sample configuration  is below.

interface Ethernet103/1/1-8
channel-group 40 mode active
!
interface Ethernet104/1/1-8
channel-group 40 mode active

interface port-channel40
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 2
spanning-tree port type edge
no shut

If I have to configure EvPC then what will be the configuration.  

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adnan, 

N2K Host/Server Ports :  Support for 2 x 1G port using vPC etherchannels. This is the restricted case and only applies to the server ports on the 2148T.

With the 2248/2232 you can support for up to 8 ports in an Etherchannel and 16 ports in a vPC etherchannel.

Enhanced vPC topology and configuration is discussed here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/mkt_ops_guides/513_n1_1/n5k_enhanced_vpc.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

So in 2248TP or TP-E it will support 8 port each fex and it will be total 16 ports in vPC correct?

Hi Adnan,

That is correct as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/layer2/503_n2_1/503_n2_1nw/Cisco_n5k_layer2_config_gd_rel_503_N2_1_chapter8.html#task_1659175314853605406

To connect to a downstream server from a Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extender you can create a EtherChannel host interface. An EtherChannel host interface can have only one host interface as a member depending on the fabric extender model. The Cisco Nexus 2148T allows only one interface member per fabric extender, newer fabric extenders allow up to 8 members of the same port-channel on a single fabric extender. You need to create an EtherChannel host interface to configure a vPC on it that uses the Fabric Extender topology.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks Manish really appreciate for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: