Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

N7K with F1 VDC, F2 VDC and Storage VDC - Configuration/Support Help

Hi there,

We currently have an N7k running version 6.2.(6)  with a default ethernet VDC and a storage VDC.  We are running F1 modules (N7K-F132XP-15) and share the interfaces across to the storage VDC.

We recently purchased an F2 module to connect our HP Bladecenter Chassis via a B22 FEX module.  We were told by our account team that this was supported in our environment.  I created a third VDC for the F2 module and now want to share those ports into the storage VDC.  

When I try to add support for the F2 card in the storage VDC I get this error:

nyc-nx02(config-vdc)# limit-resource module-type f1 f2
This will cause all ports of unallowed types to be removed from this vdc. Continue (y/n)? [yes] 
ERROR: Not all listed line card types are supported in a storage vdc on the current switch
nyc-nx02(config-vdc)#

I understand that the F1 and F2 modules are not supported in same VDC, but can they be shared in a storage VDC on the same switch?  Before I continue troubleshooting I want to make sure this is the supported and best practice for this setup.

Thanks for your help

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
VIP Red

I think what you need is

I think what you need is shared ports (access) splitting into storage VDC and ethernet VDC ?

see attachment

and

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/virtual_device_context/configuration/guide/vdc_nx-os_cfg/vdc_overview.html#wp1087325

Views
Helpful
Replies