Helpful
Replies

Netscout and netflows

mustafa.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Please I have a question:

I have a network with hundreds of Cisco routers and multilayer switches that are exporting netflows to netscout probes. I have nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7. I am able to view the charts of the netflow in the nGenius console, but I want to export the netflow in a .csv files to be able to import it in network planning tool. Please if there is anyone who is familiar with the nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7, just please tell me how to export the netflow files.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Mustafa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear all,

I have a network with hundreds of Cisco routers and multilayer switches that are exporting netflows to netscout probes. I have nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7. I am able to view the charts of the netflow in the nGenius console, but I want to export the netflow in a .csv files to be able to import it in network planning tool. Please if there is anyone who is familiar with the nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7, just please tell me how to export the netflow files.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

Check out the below link hope that helps !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_planning_solution/1.0/user/guide/design_and_analysis/mvi_it_guru/mviugde.pdf

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear all,

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

Check out the below link hope that helps !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_planning_solution/1.0/user/guide/design_and_analysis/mvi_it_guru/mviugde.pdf

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Dear Ganesh,

Thank you very much, I do really appreciate your help.  

The problem I am facing that I have nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7 which is not supported by OPNET. But I have a method to convert the files format into the supported one, so what I need to know is just how to export the netflow files (in .csv format) from the nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7 as I have to do some modifications on the files before importing them into the IT Guru Network Planner. Please help me in that or if you have a user guide for the nGenius Performance Manager 4.7, please help me as I am stuck in this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Mustafa

Dear Ganesh,

Thank you very much, I do really appreciate your help.  

The problem I am facing that I have nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7 which is not supported by OPNET. But I have a method to convert the files format into the supported one, so what I need to know is just how to export the netflow files (in .csv format) from the nGenius Performance Manager version 4.7 as I have to do some modifications on the files before importing them into the IT Guru Network Planner. Please help me in that or if you have a user guide for the nGenius Performance Manager 4.7, please help me as I am stuck in this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Mustafa

Dear Mustafa,

For your query i have tired but got some reference guide on nGenius Performance Manager but  i dont think it will be useful for your problem,anyway you can check the below links

http://www.netscout.com/docs/guides/NetScout_pg_nGenius_Quick_Reference_Service_Provider.pdf

http://www.schoeller.at/uploads/tx_schoeller/NetScout_pg_nGenius_Quick_Reference.pdf

I have studied in one of the links that nGenius Flow Director to export monitored traffic for analysis or recording purpose also.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H