Views
Helpful
Replies

NEXUS 7010

CSCO11365715
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks!

I´m working on Nexus 7000 and I need to move two interfaces to another vdc,  when I applied the configuration I get a message error, with this information. " Invalid command (too many ranges) at '^' marker. " I checked the commands and seem to be fine,  I did the same  before with another interfaces and I had not any problem:

TM11-NX7010-EX(config)# vdc TM11-NX7010-DC
TM11-NX7010-EX(config-vdc)# allocate interface Ethernet8/17-18
                                                 ^
Invalid command (too many ranges) at '^' marker.
TM11-NX7010--EX(config-vdc)# 
TM11-NX7010--EX(config-vdc)# 
TM11-NX7010--EX(config-vdc)# allocate interface Ethernet8/17
                                                 ^
Invalid command (too many rang

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you in the ADMIN VDC to define the interfaces? I think you are in the child VDC and trying to allocate the interface.

Brian Dean
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I'm having the same problem running 5.0(2a) (I know it's old..)

Brian,

to allocate interfaces 2 conditions:-

1- You should be in default/Admin vdc.

2- Check what is the limit-resource of module parameters assigned for the respective vdc.

cmd:-

show vdc --> respective vdc which you are trying to configure.

DC1-N7K-1# show run | in limit
limit-resource module-type m1 m1xl m2xl f2e  >> make sure you have the module listed from which you are trying to assign the interfaces to the vdc.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

I realized that I had active ports in the port group I was trying to re-assign. I forgot that the ports in port groups aren't contiguous on M1 cards. Nx-os was saving me from myself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: