Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7700 VDC License

Jordi Benet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have the Nexus 7000 series and we want to upgrade to the 7700 series.

We are using 3 VDCs and we were using the License --> N7K-ADV1K9

Today we want to have at the 7700 the 3 VDcs using Supervisor 2E and I cannot find the same license for N77K, I can only find N77-VDC1K9 for 8 VDCs.

With Supervisor 2E in N7700 the 4 VDCs come by default or I will need to buy a license? Which license I need to use if I want only 3 VDCs?

Thanks a lot.

J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Advanced LAN Enterprise License

Part Number: N7K-ADV1K9. This license allows you to create 4 VDCs (Virtual Device Contexts). You need only one license per chassis. With this license you can create 4 VDCs + 1 Admin VDC.
Incremental VDC license (+4 VDC per license)

Part Number: N7K-VDC1K9. At this moment, you an use this license only when you use Nexus 7000 – Supervisor 2 Enhanced (SUP2E). The supervisor allows you to create 8 VDCs + 1 VDC for administration. That’s why you need N7K-ADV1K9 and N7K-VDC1K9 for enabling all 8 VDCs.

Same goes for N77-VDC1K9 its an Incremental VDC license.

Thanks

Ajay

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Advanced LAN Enterprise License

Part Number: N7K-ADV1K9. This license allows you to create 4 VDCs (Virtual Device Contexts). You need only one license per chassis. With this license you can create 4 VDCs + 1 Admin VDC.
Incremental VDC license (+4 VDC per license)

Part Number: N7K-VDC1K9. At this moment, you an use this license only when you use Nexus 7000 – Supervisor 2 Enhanced (SUP2E). The supervisor allows you to create 8 VDCs + 1 VDC for administration. That’s why you need N7K-ADV1K9 and N7K-VDC1K9 for enabling all 8 VDCs.

Same goes for N77-VDC1K9 its an Incremental VDC license.

Thanks

Ajay

Thanks  a lot Ajay, now it is clear.

J

Greetings, we have a Cisco 7010 Chassis, and the Router Processors were replaced. Its a bit confusing on what we need to do to license the whole device again for layer 2 and layer 3?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Licenses are basically associated with Chassis. In your case looks like you just need to install licenses once again .

Ajay 

mgtyler
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to respond to this as this answer is no longer valid.  Current part number required for licensing VDC instances on the Nexus 7700 with Sup2E is:  N77-VDC1K9.  This is also the part number for adding the second set of 4 VDC instances.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: