Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 7700 VDC License

Hi,

we have the Nexus 7000 series and we want to upgrade to the 7700 series.

We are using 3 VDCs and we were using the License --> N7K-ADV1K9

Today we want to have at the 7700 the 3 VDcs using Supervisor 2E and I cannot find the same license for N77K, I can only find N77-VDC1K9 for 8 VDCs.

With Supervisor 2E in N7700 the 4 VDCs come by default or I will need to buy a license? Which license I need to use if I want only 3 VDCs?

Thanks a lot.

J

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Advanced LAN Enterprise

Advanced LAN Enterprise License

Part Number: N7K-ADV1K9. This license allows you to create 4 VDCs (Virtual Device Contexts). You need only one license per chassis. With this license you can create 4 VDCs + 1 Admin VDC.
Incremental VDC license (+4 VDC per license)

Part Number: N7K-VDC1K9. At this moment, you an use this license only when you use Nexus 7000 – Supervisor 2 Enhanced (SUP2E). The supervisor allows you to create 8 VDCs + 1 VDC for administration. That’s why you need N7K-ADV1K9 and N7K-VDC1K9 for enabling all 8 VDCs.

Same goes for N77-VDC1K9 its an Incremental VDC license.

Thanks

Ajay

5 REPLIES

Advanced LAN Enterprise

Advanced LAN Enterprise License

Part Number: N7K-ADV1K9. This license allows you to create 4 VDCs (Virtual Device Contexts). You need only one license per chassis. With this license you can create 4 VDCs + 1 Admin VDC.
Incremental VDC license (+4 VDC per license)

Part Number: N7K-VDC1K9. At this moment, you an use this license only when you use Nexus 7000 – Supervisor 2 Enhanced (SUP2E). The supervisor allows you to create 8 VDCs + 1 VDC for administration. That’s why you need N7K-ADV1K9 and N7K-VDC1K9 for enabling all 8 VDCs.

Same goes for N77-VDC1K9 its an Incremental VDC license.

Thanks

Ajay

Thanks  a lot Ajay, now it is

Thanks  a lot Ajay, now it is clear.

J

Greetings, we have a Cisco

Greetings, we have a Cisco 7010 Chassis, and the Router Processors were replaced. Its a bit confusing on what we need to do to license the whole device again for layer 2 and layer 3?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Hi Keith,

Licenses are basically associated with Chassis. In your case looks like you just need to install licenses once again .

Ajay 

I wanted to respond to this

I wanted to respond to this as this answer is no longer valid.  Current part number required for licensing VDC instances on the Nexus 7700 with Sup2E is:  N77-VDC1K9.  This is also the part number for adding the second set of 4 VDC instances.

Views
Helpful
Replies