cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K DHCP Relay w/ Ingress Netflow Sampling

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

We are having the issue where Nexus 7000 switch does not currently support having ingress netflow sampling and DHCP relay configured on the same interface.(CSCtf36357)

According to the bug details, this issue is fixed in 6.2(2), however we are running version 6.2(2a) 

Does anyone know if there is a resolution for this issue? Thanks.       

8 Replies 8

junior.beatty
Level 1
Level 1

In another post in the forums, supposedly it was supposed to be fixed in 6.2.6 now, but I am running that with the same issue.

This is concerning.  I am going to reach out to Cisco for clarificatino.  The release notes says it is fixed in 6.2(6)

Yes this is a new install for us.  Our senior network engineer is unable to figure it out so I have been beating on it this afternoon and per the couple of strings I see here in the forums, this is a known problem.  Let me know if you find out anything from Cisco TAC.  I haven't opened a TAC case yet, since this is not a show stopper for us right now.

Just a side note, this morning I removed the DHCP helpers and configured the interface vlan for netflows and I am now receiving netflows in Solarwinds Orion.  So I think this supports the fact that the bug is not fixed.

The issue is actually fixed in 6.2(2)

However, you will still need to configure the following command "hardware access-list resource feature bank-mapping"

This command is available only in the default VDC but applies to all VDCs.

N7K1(config)# sh run | i "feature bank-mapping"

hardware access-list resource feature bank-mapping

Thanks for the info, I just ran the command you sent in the default vdc and then changed to my production vdc and was able to add the dhcp helpers back to the interface vlan with no issues.  Guess I need to keep an eye on it for a while and see if I continue to receive netflows.  Thanks again for the info.

amalitol
Level 1
Level 1
awatson20, Sorry for bother you, but do you I'm having the same problem on Nexus 7706 after migration form Cisco C6509. I want to allow DHCP relay and netflow on the same interface. If I run this command "(config)# hardware access-list resource feature bank-mapping". Does it impact the network in some way?

no. It does not impact the network in any way. I added it on the fly, then added netflow/dhcp on the SVI and all went fine.