Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Qos Architecture

muthumohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am finding it very hard to understand the Qos architecture of Nexus 7k (and 5K). I know about MQC and all that stuff, but unable to fully understand the architecture of qos in Nexus. I am looking for a good document that explains how the packets go through different queues, what can and cannot be done at ingress/egress...different stages of buffer...what is done at stage1 and stage2...just the flow path of the packet from ingress to egress.

Some documentation say that all qos processing is done at ingress (even egress queueing...it that right?) card...how is that possible? So, you see...I am not getting the full picture of how the whole qos thing works on Nexus.

I know all the basic stuff (15 years of networking experience), but not the complete big picture of qos architecture. I have searched on Internet for many hours for this, but still don't find a good document on this.

I would appreciate if anyone can point me to such documents that will explain the concepts (not the config guide or examples guide) of qos in Nexus. Once I understand that, understanding the config guide and sample configs will be very easy.

Thanks in advance,

Mohan M     

3 Replies 3

shijogeorge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohan,

Did you manage to find any?

I was also looking for some good document that explains Nexus QoS.

Shijo George

Hello Shijo,

No luck on this yet. If you find any good document on this, please let me know.

Regards,

Mohan

carwarner
Level 4
Level 4

Mohan -

For the Nexus 7000, you might look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1.0/BN_Campus_QoS.html

The 7000 discussion is spread through the document, but it may be a good start. This is an old document, it does not dicuss F cards.

Carole

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: