Helpful
Replies

Nexus VDC

Maher Shaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've 2 Nexus 7009 with sup-2T,

my design is having 2 VDCs in each phisycal Chassis(Core-Agg)

can I create a nother isolated VDC on one of the AGGs and Connect it to the Agg VDCs on both Chassis using port-channels, like a separated switch?

both the Current Design, and the required change design are attached.

Regards,

Maher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is possible, but you should bear in mind that the "NEW-VDC" can obviously only exist within a single physical Nexus 7K. If your clients are all connected to the NEW-VDC i.e., a single device, then you have no resilience in the event of a failure of that device.

If possible it might be better to create another VDC in each chassis i.e., a NEW-VDC-LEFT and NEW-VDC-RIGHT, and then connect the clients to both LEFT and RIGHT. This of course assumes the clients can be dual connected, but if they don't support dual-homing, the second option would be to connect half your clients to VDC-LEFT and half to VDC-RIGHT so as minimise the impact of a device failure.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is possible, but you should bear in mind that the "NEW-VDC" can obviously only exist within a single physical Nexus 7K. If your clients are all connected to the NEW-VDC i.e., a single device, then you have no resilience in the event of a failure of that device.

If possible it might be better to create another VDC in each chassis i.e., a NEW-VDC-LEFT and NEW-VDC-RIGHT, and then connect the clients to both LEFT and RIGHT. This of course assumes the clients can be dual connected, but if they don't support dual-homing, the second option would be to connect half your clients to VDC-LEFT and half to VDC-RIGHT so as minimise the impact of a device failure.

Regards

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your support my friend.

Kindly, have a look at a new case I need support in if you can help.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2261920

Appreciated,

Maher.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: