Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus1000v vlan conflict

Hi All,

I will try and make this short.

Basically client is currently using esxi5 hosts using vswitch. they have a totally sperated monitoring network & swtiches from their prod network and swtiches.

Today they are wanting implement the 1000v platform and migrate the hosts to the n1k.

Upon preparing for their migration I notieced they would have an uplink to their mon network with a primary private-vlan ID # 825 and isolated vlan 826 no biggy here. We currently setup similar n1k on their staging network. However I noticed that they also have vlan#825 defined on their prod network for web servers.

So using the nexus creating port-profiles I am sure that the creating a primary pvlan 825 will conflict with web-prod vlan 825 I don't think we can have two vlan IDs the same and ask them to perform differently.

I've given the recommendation to change either the prod or mon vlan tag to something that does not conflict and of course that will cause an outage of sorts for a small periord of time.

One of my co-workers mentioned a VLAN NAT to rewrite the vlan ID, have to admit sounds like a hack.

So any ideas if there is a way to have the same vlan ID on the nexus with two different port-profiles? One for normal vlan 825 while the other is a primary pvlan 825 assocated with an isolated 826 vlan?

thanks for any input.

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies