Helpful
Replies

"OTV appliance on a stick" and new F2 Cards

rowansakul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking at a OTV design similar to one described in this Cisco WP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9402/white_paper_c11-644634.html#wp9001772

My question is, can I use one of the newer F2 Linecards (N7K-F248XP-25) as the AGG VDC described in the document?

I know that I need an M1/2 card for the OTV VDC, but for the AGG VDC, is it actually performing any OTV functions?

I can't see anywhere in the configuration where you configure special OTV commands on the AGG VDC?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Peterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

F2 in the agg VDC will be just fine.  The Agg device in this soultion won't really have any OTV fuctions and can be any switch.  Just make sure the L3 capabilities are fine for the L3 connection out to the other DC...that would be your only consideration here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chad Peterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

F2 in the agg VDC will be just fine.  The Agg device in this soultion won't really have any OTV fuctions and can be any switch.  Just make sure the L3 capabilities are fine for the L3 connection out to the other DC...that would be your only consideration here.

Thanks for the reply Chad.

This should make my life a lot easier!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: