Replies

WCCP on 4507

rstalin25
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to configure wccp on

4507 to redirect my internet traffic to McAfe

e webgateway for content filtering.

i am not able to apply any redirect list on 4507, is it not supporting that command?

my core runs with CatOS cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-40.SG.bin

i am trying to apply below commands but not accepting because of redirect -list

ip wccp web-cache redirect-list 120
ip wccp 51 redirect-list 120

Can i acheive it any way ?

Also my plan is to intercept only particual VLANs and redirect to webgateway for doing content filetering.

2 Replies 2

amenh
Level 1
Level 1

I believe the Cat45xx platform (all supervisors) only supports WCCP v2 without redirection lists.

From the config guide for your version of IOS for platform:

Restrictions for WCCP

The following limitations apply to WCCP:

Redirect ACL for WCCP on a client interface is not supported.

The only proviso is that I haven't studied the new Sup 7. It runs IOS-XE, so the feature support is likely different.

Now, if you can restrict your 'ip wccp web-cache | service-number redirect in' to only those client interfaces that you want to capture for the McAfee filter, you can limit in that manner.

Good luck.

Hagen Amen

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Stalin,

Please read the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/contnetw/ps5680/ps6870/white_paper_c11-608042.html

These are the restrictions for this platform:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/15.02SG/configuration/guide/wccp.html#wp1000978

The following apply only  to Supervisor Engine 6-E, Supervisor Engine 6L-E, Catalyst 4900M,  Catalyst 4948E, and Supervisor Engine 7-E:

Redirect ACL is supported.

Jorge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: