cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 w/ 2 WIC-1DSU-T1, TWO ptp T1s

v.lui
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 2600 routers, each with TWO WIC-1DSU-T1 modules and a Fast Ethernet card. I am trying to set up two parallel p2p T1s over these two routers. Other than the configurations described earlier, how do I do load balancing, and to set it up such that it is a virtual 3Mbps line? MLPPP doesn't work on this, does it?

Then i also need to pass DHCP (separate server) and public IP addresses? Can someone direct me to any samples for this?

any help would be great, thanks very much,

Vincent

2 Replies 2

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you can set up MLPPP on your T-1s. Or you can just leave everything at default, define your static and/or default routes out both interfaces, and the router will do "per-destination" load balancing for you.

As for the other stuff, go to CCO and search on the following:

helper address (for DHCP issue)

port address translation (for public ip issue)

network address translation (for public ip issue)

Regards,

Scott

Thanks. I am less than a beginner to all this. I have set each pair of my T1's CSU/DSU the appropriate encap (HDLC), framing (ESF), speed (all, 64kbps), linecode(B8ZS). I am only trying to get a signal between the two routers first, but still having trouble.

I have been looking at some samples on defining static routes, but not sure what i am doing. Can I not have more than one static route? I need one for each pair of DSU/CSU? In router 1:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/0 (router 1)

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 (router 2, serial 0/0)

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/1 (router 1)

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.4 (router 2, serial 0/0)

and I have to do the reverse of this on router 2? And this should by default acchieve load-balancing?

Does RIP come into play here?

thanks again.