Views
Helpful
Replies

806 disconnecting every 5-10 min.

rate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've got a Cisco 806 router with the newest IOS (12.3(15a) or something like that) and it's working quite well except for one thing.

Every 5-10 minutes it drops traffic (and my computer actually looses connectivity to the router for just a second). Normally this wouldn't even be seen, but during FTP transfers from an outside network the transfer stops and it is quite annoying.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Rasmus

2 Replies 2

Hello Rasmus,

can you post the configuration of your 806, just in order to be able to check there might be something in there causing the disconnect ?

I guess some sort of debuggig might be helpful to determine why the short disconnects occur. Can you post the output of ' debug pppoe error' and 'debug pppoe packet' when the disconnects occur ?

debug pppoe

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123sup/123debug/dbg_p1g.htm#wp1110919

Regards,

GP

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I've discovered that it only happens when outside traffic comes through (e.g. when someone starts downloading something from my FTP server).

I should mention (to your answer) that the router is behind a ZyXell ADSL router, so all the Cisco does is pure LAN-to-LAN routing. And it is not the Zyxell causing problems.

Do you need the output of any other debug command then?

Thanks in advance,

Rasmus