Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM IDU 1.2.7 installation problem

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I've tried to install DFM IDU 1.2.7 on my CW2000 running on Windows 2000 server.

According to the installation instructions, after the patch was installed, I should:

a. Unregister the process (NMSROOT is the installation directory):

# NMSROOT\bin\pdreg -u FaultHistoryPub

BUT I noticed there was NO process FaultHistoryPub registered. So I thougth it was a typo and unregistered FaultHistorySub.

b. Reregister the process, disabling the Java Initiator (the following command is

one line):

# NMSROOT\bin\pdreg -r FaultHistoryPub -e NMSROOT\bin\cwjava -f "-cw NMSROOT -cw:nojit

-DNMSROOT=NMSROOT

-Dcom.smarts.conf.clientConnect=NMSROOT\objects\smarts\conf\clientConnect.conf -cp:a

NMSROOT\www\classpath\skclient.jar,NMSROOT\www\classpath\external-poller.jar,NMSROOT\lib\c

lasspath\parser.jar,NMSROOT\lib\classpath\jaxp.jar

com.cisco.nm.dfm.eventhistory.collecter.PubMain" -d ESS

Trying to do that, I'm receiving an error message:

ERROR: cmd failed. Server reason: The path or filename given to the daemon manager in an application registration is invalid.

1) I tried to use FaultHistorySub instead FaultHistoryPub

2) My colleague adviced me to use ' or ` instead of " in the command

But still the same error message.

I'm really confused with this command. It's completly unclear to me - the syntax is undocumented, it's not clear what the parameters mean, even where should be spaces between them.

Does anybody know the correct syntax?

Thanks,

Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shane.finn
Level 1
Level 1

I just had and solved the same problem. There is a typo but it is not FaultHistoryPub. The typo is that the text string which includes cwjava should be cwjava.exe. Change that the the command works as advertised.

However if you have really unregistered FaulHistorySub you may now have other problems. I can't help with those sorry.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

shane.finn
Level 1
Level 1

I just had and solved the same problem. There is a typo but it is not FaultHistoryPub. The typo is that the text string which includes cwjava should be cwjava.exe. Change that the the command works as advertised.

However if you have really unregistered FaulHistorySub you may now have other problems. I can't help with those sorry.

Hi Shane,

thanks a lot for your advice.

I reinstalled Fault History 1.1.1 first to fix my problem with FaultHistorySub.

Then I reinstalled DFM IDU 1.2.7 (just for sure, I think it might not be necessary).

Finally I used the command corrected according to your message.

And everything seems to be working now!!!

Thanks,

Milan