Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR No System Memory Detected

Donchipotle100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there Guys

I have a cisco 2621 router.  It has worked before, although now it is coming up with the following message during boot up:

System Bootstrap, version 12.2 (8r), Release Software (fc1)

Copyright (c) 2003 by Cisco Systems, Inc

Then I get ERROR No system Memory detected.

I have 32Mb of flash installed and 2*128 NVRAM on the board.

Can someone help me and tell  me why I a

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is a very old router.  I would guess the memory has died from old age, especially since it happened on a restart.

You could try removing and reseating the memory but I don't like your chances.

If you just bought the memory last week and it has stopped working you should go back to the supplier.

What interfaces are you using on your 2621?

tried the memory in a working unit and the Nvram and flash are detected ok in my working router. I am using console interface at the moment and the display comes up with bootstrap 12.2 (8r) and then I get ERROR No system memory detected. Do you think the board might be the fault?

I woudl say that is a very good possibility.

What interfaces are you using in your 2621?

I removed the rom chip, all memory and interface cards and moved them to a working 2621 I have. They all work perfectly in that one. Only thing left is power supply and circuit board. Might be a faulty circuit board. Thanks Chris

Donchipotle100
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Philip. I bought the memory new last week as it was an upgrade from the 64mb that was in it originally. I have reseated the memory but not worked. I do have another similar router, so could try the memory from that.