cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems on 3640 w IOS 11.3(10T) running static NAT

dale.montgomery
Level 1
Level 1

We are having re-occuring issues with a couple of cisco 3640 routers. The inside static NAT translation feature's use intermittantly causes spurious memory access errors that necessitate a reboot. It appears to be a bug with IOS 11.3(10T). What IOS versions hould I upgrade to? how do I get it without a service plan? Is 24mb RAM and 8mb flash enough to run the new IOS upgrade? I appreciate any help you all can offer.

Thanks,

DM

1 Reply 1

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

If you call TAC, they usually don't give you too much grief over upgrades due to bugs. They'll e-mail you a link to download the IOS image based on your current (send them a show version).

Memory could be an issue depending on what IOS you have... for instance c3600-js-?? is Enterprise Plus which is a memory hog. c3600-i-?? is IP only...etc... You'll have to remind them when you send the show version, what feature set you have and to double check memory requirements.

It would help if you actually had the bug number when you called... that way, they'll know what version its fixed in.

Personally, I would go to 12.0(??) mainline. Don't use the "T" train unless necessary.

Mick.