Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

100 % CPU utilization by cwjava.exe

Hello,

Upon starting CiscoWorks2000(NT), CPU almost immediately reaches 100%. cwjava.exe process uses more than 90% of the cpu processes thus slowing down server. Can't kill process so what's happening?

Thanks everyone.

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: 100 % CPU utilization by cwjava.exe

What CW2K apps installed?. How much is the CPU and RAM on this server?

DFM,CM,RME,RTM & CV.

Pentium II 550Mhz Dual processor, 1GB RAM

One of the times when CPU utilization may go high to 100% is when network connectivity is lost or the network address is changed. A reboot should solve the problem if this is the cause.

From NT services, I have to stop/start "CW2000 Daemon Manager" to clear the 100% CPU utilization.

But now I have another problem after login and the following is the pop-up error message.

"{EssentialsDbMonitor}: Cannot select data from rme database,please check if disk is full or contact your system administrator." Rebooting only repeats the CPU problem.

Please help. Tks

I would check the discovery settings. When you reboot CW2K, it re-discovers. Discovery can be CPU intensive. Make sure you don't have the little slider all the way to the right under "Server Configuration->ANI Server Admin->Discovery Settings".

Also do you have enough hard disk space? It will need a page file equal to the amount of RAM in the machine. I have 3 gig of RAM and a 3 gig page file on my Windows 2000 Pro server.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content