Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

12.07T2 has a BUG ?

Hello All,

I have a HUB-&-SPOKE setup (4 remote locations ie SPOKEs). Each site has a 2620 & running IOS 12.0(7)T2 (c2600-is-mz.120-7.T2.bin).

My issue is that... my Network Integrator implemented a ISDN BACKUP for my primary links using Dialer Profiles (using backup-delay & backup-inteface on primary interfaces). For past one month i am facing a problem that links (ISDN) are not picking UP as they r intended to do. I checked all configs, alongwith my NI and now they are saying.

IOS 12.0(7)T2 is the ROOT CAUSE for ISDN link failure....huh....

I want to know

1. Is there any ....channelized way i can go through TESTING MY BACKUP links (ISDN).

or

2. IS there a REAL PROBLEM with my IOS (c2600-is-mz.120-7.T2.bin).

hope someone can shed some light over it.

regards,

Vijayendra K. S.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: 12.07T2 has a BUG ?

It might not be particularly a IOS / code issue, but I strongly recommend moving off 12.07T2 and going to the current 12.1 mainline GD release since that fixes quite a bit of issues since 12.0T code releases.

If the hub & spoke setup is frame relay then the backup interface may not kick in reliably due to the way frame relay works. When your frame becomes un-functional the interface may be up/up still. This is because the router may see the DLCIs still (LMI is working between your router and providers frame switch fine) -- but there may be a problem in the middle of carrier network(s) not visible to the edge frame switch your routers connect to. Also, does your carrrier send a A-bit when a PVC goes down?

Are you using point-to-point sub interfaces or multipoint? Point-to-point subs is better for backup.

In IOS version 12.0(4)T a new feature called Frame-Relay end to end keepalives (FREEK) was introduced that sends a keepalive end-to-end and if router doesn't receive so many keepalives in a certain period it will force the interface to a down state and the ISDN will come up. point-to-point sub interfaces are recommended w/FREEK.

When you're having trouble, find out the status of your frame relay interfaces (up/up, up/down, etc) on both sides.

Views
Helpful
Replies