Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

12.1(2b) IOS on a pair of Cisco 2600's and its ISDN dilemna

I have the following:

Cisco 2610 with 4 port BRI module (12.1(2b) IOS)

Cisco 2611 with 4 port BRI module (12.1(2b) IOS)

Ok...I think this is a bug, but correct me if I'm wrong..

I can get the connection up between the two routers via ISDN. The "show dialer", "show users", etc. all show the other side connecting with its associated IP address. The problem is that I cannot ping across the ISDN link. Everything else looks fine. When you do a "show users" it states that RouterX is connected with IP address x.x.x.x. I just cannot ping x.x.x.x. A "show ip route x.x.x.x" shows it directly connected via the BRI.

Has anyone ever seen this?? I have done plenty of ISDN and this is a little odd...

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 12.1(2b) IOS on a pair of Cisco 2600's and its ISDN dilemna

Just make sure, if you are using the static dialer map, username of both the routers exactly matches in the dialer map statement. If you use the just dialer string then make sure that "sh dialer map" reports correct username with ip address associated with it.

You can post the config along with "debug isdn q931" along with "debug ppp authentication" and "debug ppp negotiation.

By the way was it working with some other ios?

I agree with what you are saying, but the call is being established between the two routers. I can see the CHAP authentication messages with "debug ppp negotiation", etc. The two routers make a connection. I can see the username of the remote router when doing a "show users". Both B channels are up.

I'll let you know what happens when I upgrade the IOS tomorrow....

Thanks,

Adam

Yep, it was a bug. I upgraded the IOS to 12.1(13) on both routers, and it fixed the problem.

Thanks....

Views
Helpful
Replies