Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

12.2(13)T IPSec NAT Transparency

I have read on this new feature and I am alittle confused. Let me explain my setup first. Basically at my site I have contractors that need to establish a remote VPN connection from their desktop back to thier company. The problem is that our last hop router is doing PAT. This causes the VPN connections to fail. For a temp solution a VLAN is extended down to these users that is directly on the Internet (ie, outside the router doing PAT).

My questions are:

1) Will this feature help this situation or is this really meant for routers acting as VPN endpoints?

(Not sure what vendor the endpoint is that these users are connecting to. I believe one companies is a Cisco and another is Nortel)

1 REPLY

Re: 12.2(13)T IPSec NAT Transparency

You should be able to use this feature anywhere the VPN crosses that has NAT or PAT running. I do not hink that it is specifically for endpoints. I was looking at this doc http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t13/ftipsnat.htm#1027258 and it looks like the scenario you have except there is not a picture of a router where the private/public translation takes place on the tunnel. There is just the description and IP addresses.

Views
Helpful
Replies