Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

12 SHDSL lines

I have 12 2-wire lines, each should be terminated by a cisco 828 router at the far end site using a g.shdls interface. This routers operate in back-to-back configuration with g.shdsl interfaces at the cental office running in CO mode.

Unfortunatly I do not know which hardware product to use at the central office:

- 12 cisco 828 routers?

- A cisco 3660 router with 12 g.shdsl WICs?

Do I have any other choice? The equipment should be installed in a 19" rack. Therefore, using 12 cisco 828 routers is not really a good idea.

Thanks in advance

Edgar

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 12 SHDSL lines

I don't think that one 3600 can support 12 G.shdsl wics..So in order to use back-to-back mode, you need to use 828 at CO side too for each g.shdsl connection.

How can I verify your acceptance? I would prefer a cisco 3660 with 12 g.shdsl wics, but if this is not possible for any technical reason I have to place 12 cisco 828 routers in the 19" rack.

Can you please post a link where I can find the limitations of a cisco 3660 router?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

Cisco Employee

3660 will be able to support 12 g.shdsl wics but with that it will leave no other slot (other then built in eth port) for core network use. That is the reason why i ahve mentioned a one 3660 will not be a good idea..You can use two of them which will be good for redundency and also give you extra option for network ports.

Here is the url which have maximum limit of 12 g.shdsl wic per 3660 chassis

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/2600/prodlit/ghdsr_ds.htm

I am aware of this aspect, but if I use the built-in fast ethernet interface to aggregate 12 shdsl-lines I have a 100 mbs trunk. 12x 2.3 mbps are actually required.

Does this sound well?

Edgar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content