Views
Helpful
Replies

1601 Fast Flashing OK LED

thedavidbowles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 1601 that was working fine and operational until I power cycled it last night. The unit turns on, the LEDs perform the self test, and then the System OK LED begins to flash slowly like normal. The OK LED then goes solid for about 3 seconds, then the LAN ACT LED flashes a couple of times, the OK LED goes out, the LAN ACT LED flashes about five more times then the OK LED begins flashing fast continuously indefinitely and the LAN ACT light does not flash anymore. The SYSTEM PWR LED is lit during this time. I have tried to go through the console port and have tried to ping/telnet into the router using the IP address that was assigned to it, however I have had no luck. The Cisco online troubleshooting docs only talk about the OK LED when it is solid, but does anyone know what it means when it flashes rapidly?

Thanks,

David B.

3 Replies 3

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

I suppose that you are in ROMMON.

Go to the console and enter the command:

reset

Then pray it comes back up, post us if it is not.

Regards,

Leo

I forgot to mention the fact that when I try to enter into the console after power cycling, that it is a blank screen. If I try to issue a break or type nothing comes up on the screen. I could just try typing "reset" from the blank screen and see what that does, but it doesn't seem to be responding at all with the console.

Thanks again,

David B.

The speed setting might be different. Default is 9600-8N1.

When you reset the router with the console attached, you should see the startup messages, or garbage in case of a wrong speed.

Otherwise, check your cabling and your terminal-emulation.

Goodluck,

Leo