Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1605 Router Setup

Got a black box that says Cisco 1605 router. Now my problem is hooking this thing up. Where is the best info available? Setting up 192.168.x.x on ethernet0 and 10.0.x.x on ethernet1. My lasers (192.168.x.x PLC's) won't see the server(10.0.x.x) to pull programs from and i'm surely gonna screw this thing up if I don't get a clue quick. Is there DHCP enable of some sort. (Yeah, just words I here the IS guys say) Any help would be appreciated...

3 REPLIES

Re: 1605 Router Setup

have a look at this page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/index.html

Don't select 1605 as there is no info.

The generic data sheets and field notices should be of note..

Steve.

Thanks but i've read those and can't find the answer to my question.

Basically I have 2 cat5e cables to hookup. One connected to eth0 and the other to eth1. One goes back to the server and one coming from the AB SLC 503 PLC. The AB has an address of 192.168.x.x and my server is at 10.0.0.1. Now I have a directory in their where the programs are for the laser to cut out parts, but I can't get to it and I don't know why. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Gold

Are you plugging the AB directly into the router? Or the server directly into the router? Or do they plug into another device or two: for example, hub(s) or switch(es)? If you are going directly into the router, you need an Ethernet cross-over cable, not a straight-through cable. Same for the server. If you're going into hubs or switches, straight-through cable is fine.

The IP address of your AB is 192.168.x.x; I assume the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0. Does it have a default gateway specified? It should be 192.168.y.y, where y.y is anything except 0.0, x.x, or 255.255; and that IP address should be on the 1605 Ethernet interface nearest the AB.

Likewise, the IP address of your server is 10.0.0.1; I assume the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0. Does the server have a default gateway specified? It should be 10.0.n.n, where n.n is anything except 0.0, 0.1, or 255.255; and it should be assigned to the 1605 interface nearest to the server.

What kind of server is it: Windows, Unix/Linux, Macintosh, or other?

Is IP routing enabled on the router? IP classless? Any chance you can copy the router's configuration and post it here? Leave out anything sensitive like passwords, SNMP community strings, etc.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content