cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1700 Router does not boot

j386
Level 1
Level 1

I having problems with one of my routers, every time I try to boot the router I get an error about the flash. I think that my config file that was on the flash was erased. I want to find out how can I boot my router from a tftp or any other solutions to get the boot configuration back on it. The confusing part is that I’m getting a lot of character, from the router every time I turn it on in the HyperTerminal, even when I have the right configuration in the Hyper Terminal for the Cisco equipment.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mainesy
Level 1
Level 1

Did you happen to change the configuration register? Reboot the router and check at bootup to see what the configuration register is set at. You may need to drop your Hyperterminal bits per second rate down to 2400. I seem to remember having a problem similar to this with an AS2509 and that is what I had to do. Good luck.

Josh

csco10586172
Level 1
Level 1

hy i have a similar problems with 2600 and i need to reload ios into flash with hyper terminal and xmodem session then i reload router and now work fine read this article

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_release_note09186a008007e097.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: