Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1720 ADSL upgrade

I have a 1720 router with a WIC-1B-S/T in slot 0, 24 MB DRAM & 8 MB flash. The current IOS is c1700-o3y-mz.121-1. Which is IP/FW.

I need to install a WIC-1ADSL= card & upgrade the IOS.

Because the network lay out is changing the router will not be the firewall. The new IOS image that has been sent is c1700-y7-mz.121-5 IP/ADSL feature pack.

Will the current IP/FW software affect the upgrade to the non-FW software?

Do I need to delete the current config? If so how?

Will the WIC-1ADSL= be ok in slot 1?

Any more advice would be helpful.

Many thanks

Richard

2 REPLIES

Re: 1720 ADSL upgrade

Richard,

You have the right amount of RAM and flash, to load the 12.1(5) image. And the existing image will not affect the upgrade. (note that all firewall features available on the firewall feature set image wont be available on the IP/ADSL image). You dont need to delete the current configs. Anyway a good practice is to backup your configs, and your existing firewall image on to a tftp server, before doing the upgrade.

WIC-1ADSL should be ok in slot 1.

Re: 1720 ADSL upgrade

I have upgraded the software & installed the WIC-1ADSL. But the interface will not configure!

When I run ‘show diag’, I receive “Unknown WAN daughter card”. I have tried slot 0 & slot 1, but still receive the same message. I have checked the software version & memory, all appears to be ok.

When I try to configure the card as per http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_guide09186a00800993f1.html none of the suggested commands are invalid?

I can not find any errors relating to “Unknown WAN daughter card”, do you have any suggestions?

Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies